1) Hypostyle is a type of architecture characterized by a large hall with columns supporting the roof.
2) The Dome of the Rock is a shrine located in Jerusalem, Israel, built in the 7th century. It is considered one of the holiest sites in Islam.
3) The UAE is investing in renewable energy sources such as solar and wind power, as well as implementing carbon capture and storage technologies.
4) The Bani Yas moved to Abu Dhabi in the late 18th century to establish a settlement and control the pearl trade.
5) The GCC was formed in 1981 to promote economic and political cooperation among its member states, which include Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE.
6) The original functions of Qasr al-Hosn were as a watchtower and defensive fortress for the ruling family of Abu Dhabi.
7) The Dome of the Rock is constructed on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and is considered one of the holiest sites in Islam, as it is believed to be the location where the Prophet Muhammad ascended to heaven.
8) Sheikh Zayed, as the Ruler's Representative, was responsible for overseeing the development and modernization of Abu Dhabi, as well as promoting social and economic progress for its people.